Saturday, December 20, 2014

Retro 90s...





Stuffing

An old, old man Jack said
This Is Not Poetry.
I said It Is.
Shortly thereafter,
he left his barstool
and growled out the door.
I figured later that night
his dreams were scary
because he lost the gold.
I told him, yeah Jack,
you got the sly and witty words
but the beanstalk is not an escape.
I said, yeah, this poem is
broken beer bottles,
grease and tar.
It can be the sweet peas
blooming purple
on the back stoop...
Or it can become 
stuffing
for turkey or chicken.
Add a ton of onions 
peeled, chopped and sauted 
until soft.
Stir in the thyme, sage, pepper,
caraway seed and salt.
Mix well with the bread and potatoes.
Whatever,
I’m not much of a cook
but that’s stuffing.


A poem of mine circa 1995-96 when my crew was bike messengers & punk musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment