Stuffing


 (Retro 90s #1)


An  old  man  Jack  said

This   Is   Not   Poetry.

I responded    It     Is.



Shortly   there-  after

he  left  his  barstool

and growled out the door.


I figured later  that  night

his   dreams   were   scary

because he  lost  the  gold.



I   told   him    Yeah,   Jack,

You got the sly and witty words

But the beanstalk is no escape.


I said   Yeah, This Poem Is

  bro-  ken    beer    bottles,

   grease       and        tar.


Vine -ing   sweet    peas

are  bloom -ing  purple  

on   the   back     stoop


And  this  is  Stuffing

for  turkey  or  chicken:


Add  a  ton  of  onions 

peeled,  chopped  and 

sautéd    until     soft.


Stir in thyme, sage, pepper,

car-a-way  seed  and   salt.

Mix with bread and potatoes.


W h a t-    e v e r,

I’m  not   a  cook 

but that’s Stuffing.




A poem of mine circa 1995-96 when my crew was bike messengers & punk musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment